Norwich University
"Home Coming Celebration"



Norwich University – The Military College of Vermont is a private university in Northfield, Vermont. It is the oldest private military college in the United States. The university was founded in 1819 at Norwich, Vermont, as the American Literary, Scientific and Military Academy. 
It is the oldest of six senior military colleges and is recognized by the United States Department of Defense as the "Birthplace of the
"Reserve Officers' Training Corps" aka "ROTC".


We were there to help them celebrate our Centennials.
We have been turning out butter and cheese and they have been turning out Patriots and there is nothing cheesy about what they do, but they proved to me they are loyal to both !!

So lets roll
~0~
Through the mist and the fog most of the way down.





 Nice and clear by the time I got there.


Cadets prep'n for the Parade and the football game !!


We were to be setup in the Plumley Armory so after I located it I preceded to get things hauled in and ready.



Got all my stuff in with the help of a young Cadet who insisted he be allowed to help. So I hopped right to it and got things ready.




There were many different vendors there and several Cadets getting things prepped as well.





A few people were coming in early and just hanging out and slurping coffee.

 
Then the clock struck One and the floodgates opened.
I was glad I had pre-cubed some cheese the night before !!


All the graduates were getting ready for the parade which was bracketed by graduation year.


Stayed busy all day except during the brief parade, and as I said they were divided by graduation date, The oldest Cadet I met was in the class of 1949.
I really enjoyed our conversation I just wish now I had taken his picture.
But I did get a picture of these two sporting their favorite cheese,
 both were super fans !!


Stayed steady all day until @ 2:00 when the football game was about to start and the joint pretty much died as everybody including the Cadets baled out.
Are you ready for some football ????

The Cadets were & they won !!
Last Minute field goal !!




What a great day for Norwich, America and of course
"The Cabot Farmers"
Glad I had a chance to participate.
Jim Ovr'n Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.