~THE BIG "E"~
"One of the largest Agricultural Fair's in the United States."
"The Big E event is the most renowned trade fair's in the country which incorporates all sorts of entertainments and extravaganza within its perimeter.
Its craze is born out of the provision of a huge assortment of food, drinks, rides, the huge scope of ceaseless shopping, wide disposition of art and crafts which appeals to the aesthetic as well as the sophisticated taste of its visitors.
Using country lingo having the Cabot co-op represented there makes their Big "E" more Big "E'er" than normal.
So lets get it going !!
Left home much later than I usually have to since I had an afternoon start time.
Fall is starting to sneak in and it is becoming quite obvious right about now.
At least I wasn't lonely since Bessie was riding along with me.
Came to the West Springfield Turn off I-91
Crossed the bridge and in nothing flat I was there.
Got parked and started looking for my spot so I called my contact and she said she would meet me at the Sheep Shearing display and go from there.
So I did, it took a few minutes so I had time to watch a while.
These two below were probably quoting Hamlet under their breath.
To shear or not shear, that is the question:
To shear or not shear, that is the question:
Whether it's nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows
of not shearing the stinky, knotted up, thick coating of fur until spring,
Or shearing it off so we can shiver and shake all winter almost naked ?
They chose the later.
They chose the later.
Anyway we finally got located at our spot near the Mallary Agricultural Complex .
Went passed the camel coral and they are looking at me thinking where the "H" were you Wednesday Jim ? You know what that day is Right ?
I could watch as People were coming in steady since I was near one of the entrances.
Just one of the hundreds of vendors there for the whole event
Stopped by the Vermont building for a few minutes .
And what would the Vermont building be without the Cabot Booth and the Hooper's there ?
As for my event I had to wait until the earlier Vendor had finished their cooking and serving food show promoting their Grill, then I was allowed to go on in and get setup which I did rater quickly and they had left a bit early which was nice.
I had a steady flow of people there after that for the most part, but after the wine tasting was done things slowed down some .
We had a couple of good sized coolers next to us selling various brands of milk based products . No Cabot tho. But The Hooper's were humping it big time just down the main corridor .
But That did not matter or deter all the Cabot fans that kept popping in for a visit.
Like these beautiful fun loving fans that gladly posed with their favorite!!
So time flew by until it was time to fold the tent and head home.
With fall fast approaching and of course the pumpkins ripening it is a great time of the year which I enjoy immensely.
With fall fast approaching and of course the pumpkins ripening it is a great time of the year which I enjoy immensely.
But with fall here, joined by Halloween, then comes time for the falling of "White Gold" that makes me want to scream so I will ..
But hey ! this is Vermont so let'r rip !!
What a great event this is and I was happy to be a part of it.
Jim Ovr'n & Out..
What a great event this is and I was happy to be a part of it.
Jim Ovr'n & Out..




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.